This article will explain how to fix the error 0x80080008 that occurs when installing Windows 10, feature updates version 1903.
The error 0x80080008 while using windows update for your computer and installing feature update to Windows 10, version 1903. Below is the screenshot I took while I was experiencing this error.
Below, I will discuss some of the likely reasons that can resolve 99.99 percent of the issues.
Table of Contents
How To Fix Error Code 0x80080008 with Feature Updates up to Windows 10 Version 1903
There are numerous options to fix the error code 0x80080008. I will walk you through how to fix it below.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
The first thing we’ll perform is to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter program, which is included in Windows 10. This program will scan your computer and fix any issues it discovers with the windows updates system. To use this tool, follow these steps
Click the Start button and then select the Settings (Cog appearing icon)
“Click” to Update and Security
“Click Troubleshoot in the left-hand menu
* Click now on Windows Update, which will start Microsoft Update. Troubleshooter
Then follow the instructions. The program will fix any issues it discovers.
- Reboot your computer
- You can try installing the feature upgrade over again.
Perform SFC and scans of DISM
We can run two scans on our computer (SFC and DISM), which will scan the operating system’s files for any errors or corruption. If any problems are discovered, they can be addressed. For running these scans, follow these steps.
- Click Start, then type cmd right-click within the program and choose ” Run as administrator.”
- * In the window that appears, you can type the commands below one at a time and then press enter.
- * SFC * sfcthen
- * dism/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth
- These commands will scan all windows 10 system files and replace any files with an issue with a cached copy located in a compressed folder at %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.
- After the scans are complete, restart your computer.
- Try installing the Windows 10 1903 feature upgrade again. If you are still getting the error code 0x80080008, proceed to the next step.
Reset Windows Update Components
It is the Windows Update Troubleshooter tool that should be reset to restore the Windows Update components. However, there are times when it is best performed by hand. If you want to do it manually, do these instructions.
Click Start and then type cmd right-click within the program and choose ” Run as administrator.”
- In the black window that pops up, enter each command listed one after one and press enter.
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- stops net
- net stop msiserver
- ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old
- Restart your computer
How long will Windows 10 version 1903 take to install?
The installation of Windows 10 1903 takes around thirty minutes. The configuration and restarting process could require a couple of times. In the end, you’ll likely make the upgrade to Windows 10 1903 in an hour.
What’s the issue that has been causing the problem with the latest Windows 10 update?
Microsoft announced the latest Windows 10 ‘Patch Tuesday security update in the last week, but it’s causing severe issues for those who download it. The most significant problem is gaming, with gamers reporting an increase of FPS (frames per second) and the ability to stutter during games.
Can you safely disable the Windows Update service?
As a guideline, I would never advise disabling updates since security patches are crucial. However, the situation that Windows 10 is in Windows 10 has become intolerable. Additionally, If you’re running an edition of Windows 10 other than the Home edition, you can deactivate updates for all times.
After implementing the above solutions, you should be able to download and install windows 10 1903 feature packs without having the Error 0x80080008.
If you’re still not able to upgrade, please leave your comment below with what you’ve done and any issues you’re experiencing, and I’ll try to assist you.
If you have managed to fix this issue by applying the above methods, please inform me via your feedback. Thanks!