Currently, MMS solutions are not widely used as numerous applications have emerged that can help you transfer multiple media files for free and without any hassle. However, the multimedia solution can still work in areas with no secure network or wifi access.
Today, many customers have complained that they are getting “failure to download attachment from multimedia message” error. There could be several factors behind this error, but the good news is that it can be removed very quickly. In this post, we give you a couple of solutions to fix your “stopped working to download multimedia message attachments”.
What is MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service)?
MMS stands for a multimedia messaging solution. It is a feature that helps transfer or relocate multimedia documents over the network. On the other hand, it is the best way to send photos or other multimedia documents through text messages.
However, there are different messaging applications like WhatsApp, Facebook Carrier, Telegram, etc. But still, people used to choose MMS because of its best features.
But in some cases, it may happen that while using this service, you may face countless annoying errors and issues. One such problem is “can’t download accessories from multimedia message” on Android.
In the next section, you’ll find out why MMS messages won’t download and install on Android and how exactly to fix it.
What Causes are MMS Messages Not Downloading on Android?
There can be numerous reasons that can cause MMS messages not to download on Android phones. Therefore, below I have provided the usual causes behind this problem.
- Due to poor network connection.
- Information cache of an app and phone
- Lack of storage space capacity.
- Corrupt or outdated PRL and profile.
- Since you have figured out the primary aspect, now you must be worried about fixing this problem, right?
- Just scroll down this page and get the possible fixes to avoid MMS messages that will not download or install errors.
What is MMS?
Multimedia answering service or MMS is a service similar to text messages or SMS that, instead of letters, allows you to send multimedia web content such as photos and videos from a mobile phone. You can send audio files, phone contacts, video clip data, and images using the multimedia message service.
How to fix the error downloading multimedia message attachments? [Guide Methods]
Change network mode
You will not be able to download and install the MMS attachment using wifi if your wifi calling option is not activated. So you can try to disable your wifi if allowed and then turn on mobile information to solve the problem. Follow the provided actions listed below to do so:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to visit the alert panel
- Turn off the wifi option and enable the Mobile Information option from there.
- Try to open the MMS one more time and check if the error “Failed to download plugin” is resolved or not.
- If not, please open the “Food Setting Selection” from your phone.
- Tap “Connections” and then tap “Much more.”
- Click on “Mobile networks” and look for “Preferred network mode”.
- Tap it and choose different system modes like “LTE”. Then go back to MMS and inspect whether it opens or not.
Restarting your Android to take care of MMS will not download or install Android.
Rebooting the phone is just one of the critical hotels people often do when finding bugs or pests in their tools. Also, it is a beneficial method that fixes small and big glitches in smartphones.
So, here too, I recommend you reset your mobile phone by following these actions:
Step 1: Simply press and hold a power button until a power menu appears.
Step 2: Choose the Restart or Reboot option. Wait until your phone wakes up.
Currently, inspect whether MMS messages not downloading and installing Android is resolved or not. If not, try better options.
Clean cache files for MMS.
- Clearing the cache of a social networking site or messaging app can also help you remove this error. Listed below are all the steps you need to take to get rid of this error:
- You will most likely go to “Settings” and then navigate “Applications”.
- Select the MMS Solution app.
- Tap the “Clear Data” or “Clear Cache” option.
- Reboot your phone and on reboot, try to download and install prompt. If the error has been fixed, examine.
- Please check if the MMS can be downloaded and installed on your phone correctly when you are done with the steps.
- We are changing the network mode.
- To deal with Samsung S21 could not download multimedia messaging accessories, you need to disable wifi (if allowed) and turn ON your mobile data.
- Here’s precisely how you can do it:
Action 1: First, move a notification panel down from the top of your phone’s display screen.
Action 2: Turn off the “Wifi” option and enable the “Mobile Data” option there.
Action 3: After that, this “MMS” most likely evaluate if an attachment error is fixed.
Action 4: Go to “Set up food selection” on your device.
Action 5: Tap “Links” >> “More”.
Action 6: Next, click “Mobile networks”>> find out the “Preferred network mode” option.
Action 7: Currently choose system modes as “LTE”. Once this is done, go back to the MMS and see if it works.
Reboot your smart device.
Rebooting your Android phone is one of the first things you can do when encountering any kind of bug or bug. Also, restarting your smart device usually resolves minor issues with your phone.
Press and hold the power switch on your phone until the power feed option appears.
Tap on the Reboot/Restart option and wait until your mobile phone restarts.
Inspect whether the plugin that fell short of downloading and installing from the multimedia message is gone or not.
Delete old messages
When the message limit exceeds the storage term in the messaging app after that, you cannot download and install the MMS. Just delete the old messages to fix this annoying problem in such a situation.
- First, open the “Messages” app.
- Then click on a food selection button >> choose the “Remove strings” option.
- Here, you need to inspect all the boxes in front of the messages you need >> tap on “Delete”.
- Disable an automatic recovery feature.
- The auto-recovery function helps to automatically download multimedia photos and other records by clicking on it. However, this function throws any error messages.
Therefore, it is much better to disable this feature to adhere to these actions:
Step 1: On your Android, you need to release a “Messaging App”.
Step 2: Next, click “Food Selection” >> tap “Settings”.
Step 3: Currently, from a checklist that appears, you need to look for an “Auto-Download” option >> disable this feature.
Step 4 : – Reboot your mobile device and start using MMS solutions.
Disable Packet Disabler.
Package Disabler is a utility that is used by a large number of users to block bloatware applications. If you have the “Disable Bloatware” option enabled, then Packet Disabler could clog many essential applications and solutions.
If Package Disabler has indeed identified your mobile phone’s MMS service as bloatware, that might also give you an error. In that situation, you can consider disabling the Package Disabler utility to fix the error. Follow the steps below to do so:
Tap the Packet Deactivator widget. When enabled and also blue when disabled, its hue is red. Tapping it will change its colour from red to blue.
Now see if you can download and install the MMS message.
Update profile and PRL.
Most of the time, it happens that an MMS service gets closed due to invalid, corrupted or outdated PRL.
At that time, updating the PRL and profile can help you solve the problem of the multimedia messaging plugin that will not download and install successfully.
Follow the simple steps below very thoroughly and update the PRL.
- At first, tap “Settings app”.
- Then scroll down and tap on the “About phone” option.
- Then you can locate a list tap the alternative “System”>> “Update account”.
- Click update profile >> “Update PRL.”
- After finishing these steps, “Reset” your tool and check if the MMS services work fine.
Do a factory reset.
This is the last option that you can try if none of the options help you handle the attachment download error.
Performing a factory reset removes all personal data and device settings and makes them new.
To do this, simply follow the step-by-step steps below:
- Action 1: From the “Settings” app >> go to a “System”.
- Action 2: In the second step, tap “Advanced” >> “Reset Alternatives”.
- Action 3: Now click on an option “Delete all data” >> “Reset phone”.
The options provided above should help you deal with the “failed to download multimedia message attachment”. If the error persists, you can try reporting your phone as shed and wait 15 minutes to report the exact same phone as discovered.
This has really worked for a number of users, however this still requires some paperwork at certain providers. In addition, your phone may also be locked, so it is recommended that you speak with your provider before proceeding.
Leave a Reply