EC-Council is a global authoritative vendor, in IT as well, recognized by international governments and organizations as the certification authority in developing capability and capacity of highly-qualified and skilled cybernetic professionals. EC-Council offers different certifications to equip specialists with the top-notch skills to work in the chosen field.
So, let’s discover the badges and expertise EC-Council proposes for experts concerned about cybersecurity. The CEH credential is a certificate proposing a candidate the potential to go for the CEH (Practical) or to progress towards the next stage of a Certified Security Analyst (E|CSA), with a preceding stage of СND (Certified Network Defender).
In this article, we’ll cove the CEH certification and the exam you need to pass if you’ve set the goal to become a professional in information security. To gain this credential you’ll need to pass one exam – Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) exam, simply known as 312-50. It is developed by EC-Council to certify competent security specialists in identifying insecurities and fragilities in a target system click .
General Overview of EC-Council CEH Exam
Thereby, CEH exam is intended to test computer security experts’ knowledge of hacking penetration testing techniques and other testing methodologies that ensure the information system security.
The testhas a code 312-50 and certifies cyber experts in the ethical hacking specific network security discipline with125 multiple-choice questions with overall test duration of 4 hours. The latest version is v10. To pass the exam, you need to score at least 70% on the test or be able to correctly answer 88 questions to pass it successfully. Candidates are free to take the exam at the ECC Exam Center or Pearson VUE testing center.
Next, it’s important to know about the abilities and knowledge from which domains are acknowledged in the test, right? Below are listed a few: Ethical hacking basics, Network scanning, Footprinting and reconnaissance, Enumeration, Trojans and backdoors, Denial of service attacks, Evading IDSs, firewalls and honeypots, Hacking wireless networks, Cryptography, Penetration testing, and many more. Here, being proficient in network security techniques, pen-testing methodologies, current security threats, and countermeasures, as well as hacking penetration testing techniques and other testing methodologies that ensure information system security is a prerequisite for the exam.
Good to know that Exam CEH is ANSI 17024 compliant, and it is also considered to be a standard credential in the US Department of Defense (DoD) Directive 8570.
To beat hackers to their game, you should learn to think like them, and that is a part of CEH test.
Further, the CEH badge qualifies skilled experts in computer security professionals, security officers, auditors, site administrators, etc.
- age limit is a minimum of 18 years unless a parent or a legal guardian provides written consent and a supporting document from their HE nationally accredited institution.
- a non-refundable fee of $100 is a required (except applicants that hold a CEH V1- CEH V7 certification)
- a CEH certification of version 1 to 7 or have at least 2 years of work experience in computer security domain with a $100 non-refundable application fee, or
- an applicant must have attended an official EC-Council course.
What Should You Do to Smoothly Pass CEHExam: Preparation Options
Be reminded that proper preparation paves you the way to your professional success. Though not easy, it is completely doable, so be advised on the information for acing 312-50v10 exam at your first attempt.
EC-Council CEH Certification Prep Options
- Learn with CEH training program to become the highly-valued information security training expert to acquire the crucial ethical hacking technologies.
- iLearn (Self-Study)
This option includes taking IT Security training courses that are conducted in the video format, and consequently, you can study at your own pace.
- iWeek (live online)
This online training course taught through the internet by an experienced tutor will give you an advantage over other competitors.
- Master Class
Uncover learning from the most competent real-time instructors and cooperate with top cyber professionals!
- Personal training (with a partner)
This preparation alternative stands for those wishing to benefit from cooperating with peers and acquiring applicable skills for your convenience.
Prepaway Preparation Tools
- Self-testing is a great solution for those aiming to succeed. Prepaway will empower you with 2 learning packages:
- ECCouncil 312-50 Premium Bundle and
- ECCouncil 312-50v10 Premium Bundle, with 614 and 324 test questions and answersrespectively, and both with a Training Course which includes 182 Lectures. The price is only $39.97 and $46.65!
- Explore your prospects in the cybersecurity environment with PrepawayECCouncil CEH vetted training courses:
- 312-50: CEH Certified Ethical Hacker (312-50v9)
- 312-50v10: Certified Ethical Hacker v10 Exam
Free VCE Exam Simulator
In a virtual environment analogue to the real one learning, you will ace your test to achieve the desired certification. This VCE Software provides you with the opportunity to define your weak areas and improve them by tracking your results. The real-life setting brings you into a labour- and effort-intensive test situation which you are trained to easily progress in.
EC-Council’s Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) badge is one of the best testing programs for industries and companies across the world to hire vetted ethical hackers in the industry. Being qualified with the CEH certificationwill boost your cybersecurity career and give you an edge in the industry. To sum up, 312-50 exam will qualify you as a globally recognized information security professional.