Today I have brought you a feature that can turn your skype push to talk for free.
Because I know after watching in most of the movies many of us would love to use walkies but we have no budget to buy one even when we can not even buy a real one.
So today I will turn your skype calls into walkie talkie calls and I will tell you how you can do that with your desktop and also on your mobile devices.
But before talking about how to make skype push to talk it we should talk about it that how it works and what it is. And what is new in it. So let’s get started before getting late.
#What Is Skype Push To Talk?
Before going on I would like to tell you that this feature is no longer available on skype versions after 2017.
But that is not a problem anymore because it is still available on classic skype and you can easily download that skype’s version from Google.
And do not worry there will be no glitches or anything it will be official for sure. So push to talk is a feature that is available in old classic versions of skype and it is about you would not have to keep your mic on always or mute for always you can easily make it on push to talk like as when you push a hotkey then you will be able to talk which means your mic will get turned off and when you release that key your mic will get turn off.
But the speaker will stay on all the time. So that is how it works. It is so easy to use and also so useful because sometimes we just want to say something special and turn our mic off later on for any cause.
It is very useful if we are talking in groups and it can also be used on a single person. So with that feature, you can turn your device into walkie talkie but only on skype.
So after this, I will tell you how you can turn this feature on from your desktop and android also so let’s get started without getting it late.
#How To Enable Skype Push To Talk On Desktop?
So I will tell you some of the steps that will lead you to turn your skype into a walkie talkie. The steps are below here.
Do not skip or miss any of the steps because it may cause you an error in skype or during the call so read everything carefully.
1. First of all, you need to download the old version of skype and then run it and open it on your desktop.
2. Then you need to click on the tools and after that scroll down and you will find the options button and click on that button too.
3. When you click on the option at the end of that box you will see advanced. Now click on that box everything we need for the push to talk is in this option.
4. You will see an option write HotKeys you just have to click on it and select a hotkey for this. After this process, 90% of the work is done.
5. After doing all that stuff in hotkeys option you will see an option named push to talk you just have to click to enable it and you are all ready to do it.
But there is something you need to know about this that you can only add Ctrl, Shift or Alt keys for the Hotkeys or as your push to talk keys.
And one more thing you can do with that is you can also put their position anywhere on the screen.
I know that does not matter on desktop but still, if it is coming somewhere you do not want them to see then you can easily change these keys positions.
#Skype push to talk Windows 10 Step By Step Guide
#How To Enable Skype Push To Talk On Android?
Enabling push to talk on your android device is not that difficult and different it is almost the same as the computer steps.
But still, you need to know the steps because it is not even 100% the same it is just the same in few steps only. So let’s not waste any more time and let’s get into it.
1. First of all, you need to delete the latest version of skype and download the old classic version of skype and do not worry the old version will also work well.
2. Log into your account and find the option or setting in skype.
3. Then you need to click on advanced because there will be no option such as tools like there was in desktop.
4. Now you got to find the button named as hotkeys and then set any of the keys as your hotkey.
5. After that enable push to talk or push to mute any option such as that.
6. After enabling that option you will be all ready to use that option for free. And same as a desktop you can use it in with two or in group call also.
If you are looking for how you can enable push to talk in IOS then you do not need to search for that because the same way of android will work in IOS too.
So just use the method I mention for Android and it will work for your iPhone also. The only caution for this is that you read all the steps carefully and do not miss or skip any of the steps.
#Final Words –
In this article, we give you full information about skype push to talk and how you can enable it in your desktop and your android also.
And all of the methods are working in the old version of skype which is older than 2017 because after 2017 push to talk got removed from skype.
If you got anything to ask comment below and we will get to you as soon as possible.
Leave a Reply