Today I have a feature for all of you guys. And if you are a gamer and play a lot of games and use Push to talk Discord for games then this article is going to be so useful for you.
All of you might have heard about discord push to talk feature recently because it is used in Skype for calls by many of the users and if you do not know about this feature then in short words I can describe it that it will turn your device into walkie talkie which means when you press a key your mic will turn on and when you release that key it will get turned off again.
Even if you love to use walkies then this can be the best feature for you guys. and today I will tell you how you can enable this in your discord service if you yet do not know about this and you are a gamer then you are missing a lot of awesome features while gaming.
So before tell you about how to enable push to talk in discord I would like to tell you that what is Discord and how it works and which features it has and how it can be so useful for you so let’s get started.
WHAT IS DISCORD?
Discord is a service that is being used a lot by every type of gamer who needs to keep in touch with their teammates.
It is so popular nowadays in games like PUBG and Fortnite and many other games.
In discord, you can talk to your teammates and other followers also for free. By this feature, you will not have to turn your in-game mic on.
For discord, you might have to get a good Headphone so you can get to hear everything so clear and good.
It is getting popular day by day because sometimes in-game mic made a lot of noises which can distract us while gaming so that is why gamers started to use that service instead of using in-game mics.
This service will minimize the background noise of your house and it will let you focus on the game only.
So there is even a feature that you would love to use in discord and that feature is pushed to talk because sometimes we are not in such a position where we can turn our mic on always and we have to turn it off for some reasons so in that cases this feature will help you a lot.
It will turn your mic on only when you press the key and it will turn it off as long as you release the key. So without getting any further let’s tell you guys how you can enable push to talk in your discord for free. this tutorial will help you to if you don’t know discord push to talk not working I will tell you to step by step here.
HOW TO ENABLE PUSH TO TALK IN DISCORD?
Here are the steps below that will turn your discord push to talk not working in-game. I have mentioned all the steps as easy as I could.
This method will work in Linux and Mic and windows too even if you use browser or software it will work the same as I described below.
Do not just miss or skip any of the steps because it may cause you an error in the push to talk feature so let’s get started.
- First of all, you need to sign in to your discord account. And then you will see at the end by your name a sign of settings just the same as it appears on our mobile phones. Just click on it and get into discord settings.
- now find voice setting and click on it and there you will see an option named push to talk you just have to make sure that if it enables or not if it is not enabled then click on it and turn it on.
- that will turn your push to talk on in your discord but it will not work until you set it up so below this point you will find how you can configure push to talk in discord
Upper steps will turn your push to talk in discord on but
still, you won’t be able to use it. For using it you need to follow the steps I
have mentioned below.
- In discord, setting finds the keybind option and click on that. After that click on add a keybind, this can also be done in voice setting but here you will see a way more features than you see invoice setting. And this option means you can add a key shortcut for your push to talk feature. That key will be your push to talk enable key when you press that key your mic will get on.
- Now choose push to talk from the menu and click on record keybind and press the key that you want to use as keybind then click on stop recording to save your keybind.
- Now go back to the voice setting of discord, and you will notice that there is push to talk release delay, and this is the delay that will cut of your voice in the time you have selected in the option. You can adjust this feature in 0 to 2000ms.
Now your push to talk in discord is all ready to use and you can use it anytime you want and in any game you want. we give you full information about skype push to talk and how you can enable it in your desktop and your android also check out the old posts.
Discord Forced Push to Talk Channel Setup
FINAL WORDS –
So in this article, we have told you that what is discord push to talk and why it is being so popular nowadays but most of all we have told you how you can enable a push to talk in your discord service because it is so useful feature.
All the steps I have mentioned above are working on every device of desktops and laptops also. And if you got any questions regarding this comment below and I will get to you as soon as possible.